Things we need to know before migrating to lightning experience
Great choice!. If your organization has made to decision to migrate to Salesforce Lightning experience. It’s the first step towards acquiring new tools and features.
Migration to lightning experience is a complex process and detailed preparation and planning are essential to success
Things to do before Migrating to Salesforce Lightning.
- Running a Lightning readiness check
- Comparing the checklist of classic and Lightning features
- Determine if installed packages have Lightning ready certification
- Change Hard coded URL’s
These steps will help to find out what features and functionality will work after the initial migration and identify the GAPS.
Prioritizing the GAPS will identify the “Must have” and “Nice to have” for the complete Migration.
Points to consider prior to Migration
- Determining the customizations in the ORG
- Number of Visual force pages
- Usage of Java script buttons
- Usage of custom buttons
- Edition of Salesforce
- Having a plan to communicate and encourage Business users on the migration to Lightning
- Pilot roll out for each business user groups
- Having a training team to handle training materials and user training
Use the above points and considerations to make the migration a success!.